With the blessing of the Holy Synod, the Basilica Publishing House of the Romanian Patriarchate has recently published a brochure On the Holy and Great Council of Crete – Questions and Answers.
The volume includes answers to 53 frequently asked questions regarding the Holy and Great Council, convened in Crete on 19-26 June 2016.
The Holy and Great Council of Crete did not formulate new dogmas or canons, nor did it bring about changes in the liturgical life. The hierarchs who participated in the Council addressed some of the topical issues and sought solutions to the problems that the contemporary man faces, the book’s foreword reads.
Topics explained in the volume include:
- Naming the Council as ‘Holy and Great’
- Same-sex marriages
- Civil partnerships
- Economy applied on interfaith marriages
- Economy applied on fasting
- Participation of the Orthodox Church in interfaith dialogues
- Cessation of commemoration of ruling bishop at divine services
- Position of the Mount Athos Holy Community on the Holy and Great Council documents and the hierarchs attending the Council
© Basilica Publishing House