The Holy Synod of the Romanian Orthodox Church held a working session at Patriarch Teoctist Aula Magna of the Patriarchal Palace. His Beatitude Patriarch Daniel chaired the meeting on Friday, October 28, 2022.
The main resolutions of the Holy Synod include the following:
- The Holy Synod approved the proposal of the Metropolitan Synod of the Metropolis of Muntenia and Dobruja to canonise the hieromartyr Neophyte the Cretan, Metropolitan of Wallachia, with the title The Holy Hieromartyr Neophyte the Cretan, Metropolitan of Wallachia, and to include him in the calendar of the Romanian Orthodox Church, in the Synodal Synaxarion of the Romanian Orthodox Church and in the liturgical books, with a feast day on June 16.
- The Holy Synod resolved the publication of twelve volumes entitled The Synodal Synaxarion of the Romanian Orthodox Church including the names of all saints venerated daily in the Romanian Orthodox Church. The Holy Synod approved to include in the Synodal Synaxarion of the Romanian Orthodox Church on November 14 the six saints of the Palamas family, canonised by the Ecumenical Patriarchate in 2009, including the parents of Saints Gregory Palamas, Constantius and Kalloni, his brothers Theodosius and Makarios and his sisters Epicharis and Theodote (14th century).
- The Holy Synod resolved to organise the International Meeting of Orthodox Youth in Timisoara, where the Metropolis of Banat is headquartered, in early September 2023.
- The Holy Synod approved the text of the service for the Translation of the relics of Saint Andrew to Iasi (October 13) and to include it in the liturgical books of the Romanian Orthodox Church.
- The Holy Synod approved the text of the Supplicatory Canon to Saint Paisius (Velichkovsky) of Neamt and to include it in the liturgical books of the Romanian Orthodox Church.
Press office of the Romanian Orthodox Church
Photography courtesy of Basilica.ro / Mircea Florescu
Follow us on Twitter: @BasilicaNews