His Eminence Metropolitan Andrei of Cluj offered seven pieces of practical advice for spiritual progress during Great Lent.
“On March 7, 2022, we begin Lent. There has always been a need for prayer and fasting, especially now when there is war in Ukraine. We ask God to bring peace on earth,” the Metropolitan of Cluj noted.
Metropolitan Andrei listed seven exhortations and spiritual steps for Great Lent:
- Prayer and fast
- Divine Liturgy of Saint John Chrysostom and Saint Basil the Great (Saturdays and Sundays)
- Vespers on Sunday and catechesis
- Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts (Wednesdays and Fridays)
- The Mystery of Confession done properly
- Bible reading
- To all these, we add the fundraising for the Central Missionary Fund, done with incredible generosity, and the support of war refugees. We know the Apostle’s word: “Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver” (2 Corinthians 9:7).
His Eminence concluded his message by wishing the faithful “a peaceful and gracious Lent.”
Photography courtesy of the Metropolis of Cluj
Follow us on Twitter: @BasilicaNews