Sunday His Beatitude Daniel, Patriarch of the Romanian Orthodox Church, presided over the Divine Liturgy at Putna Monastery in the presence of thousands of believers.
Concelebrants for the Liturgy included:
- His Eminence Teofan, Metropolitan of Moldova and Bukovina,
- His Eminence Laurenţiu, Metropolitan of Transylvania,
- His Eminence Petru, Metropolitan of Bessarabia and Exarch of the Territories,
- His Eminence Teodosie, Archbishop of Tomis,
- His Eminence Pimen, Archbishop of Suceava and Rădăuţi,
- His Eminence Varsanufie, Archbishop of Râmnic,
- His Eminence Ioachim, Archbishop of Roman and Bacău,
- His Eminence Casian, Archbishop of Lower Danube,
- His Grace Corneliu, Bishop of Huşi,
- His Grace Lucian, Bishop of Caransebeș,
- His Grace Sofronie, Bishop of Oradea,
- His Grace Justin, Bishop of Maramureş and Sătmar,
- His Grace Nicodim, Bishop of Severin and Strehaia,
- His Grace Macarie, Romanian Orthodox Bishop of Northern Europe,
- His Grace Calinic of Botoșani, Assistant Bishop to the Archdiocese of Iași,
- His Grace Paisie of Lugoj, Assistant Bishop to the Archdiocese of Timişoara,
- His Grace Antonie of Orhei, Assistant Bishop to the Archdiocese of Chişinău,
- His Grace Emilian of Loviște, Assistant Bishop to the Archdiocese of Râmnic.
After the hierarchal Divine Liturgy celebrated May 14 followed the official ceremony of glorification of the four Putna Saints: Metropolitan Jacob of Putna, and the Venerable Fathers Silas, Nathan, and Paisios of Sihăstria Putnei Monastery.