- The Cross of our Saviour Jesus Christ represents God’s love revealed to humans in a world full of hatred and violence.
- The Holy Cross is the sign of love that conquers sin and death.
- Christ’s Cross becomes a principle of new life for every Christian; a principle of profound spiritual renewal so as to acquire Christ’s sacred love.
- Everywhere we observe the Holy Cross let us recall how much God loves us and awaits for our response to His love.
- The humility and the longsuffering shown by our Saviour Jesus Christ on the Cross makes the Holy Cross an invincible weapon and a dreadful sign for demons because they cannot humble themselves.
- To assume one’s Cross is the path to salvation in Christ.
- The power of the Cross is manifested in the glory of the Resurrection.
- By accepting to be crucified from love for men and by taking upon Himself the sins of the world, our Saviour Jesus Christ transformed the Cross from a shameful instrument of torture into a symbol of life-giving love.
- The Cross is a sign of salvation and eternal life.
- The Holy Cross is the sign of victory and the principle on which the profession of faith is based.
- The signs of the Cross remain eternally in the glorified body of our Saviour Jesus Christ, Who rose from the dead and ascended to Heaven.
- The Cross is a light and a blessing unto salvation.
On October 20, 2015, the Basilica News Agency joined Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. A bit late, indeed. But we made up for it. We have tens of reasons to invite you to join the Basilica.ro…
The authorities of Ordu province, in northern Turkey, announced on Monday that experts from the Bodrum Museum of Underwater Archaeology found the ruins of a church on the bottom of Lake Gaga, submerged 15 meters…
An interactive digital exhibition with codices, illuminated manuscripts and objects from the heritage of the Holy Mount Athos is open for the public at the Concert Hall in Athens. The event presents the digitalization work…
Restricted religious feasts, painful and hopeful prayer, the stillness of talking to God, the little joys of Orthodox living – all captured in coloured or cloudy photos received from all over the world by the…
In his homily on the feast of St Parascheva of Iaşi, Metropolitan Teofan offered some answers to the challenges of the present times. To stop the community spread of the SARS-Cov-2 coronavirus, Romanian authorities imposed…