- The Cross of our Saviour Jesus Christ represents God’s love revealed to humans in a world full of hatred and violence.
- The Holy Cross is the sign of love that conquers sin and death.
- Christ’s Cross becomes a principle of new life for every Christian; a principle of profound spiritual renewal so as to acquire Christ’s sacred love.
- Everywhere we observe the Holy Cross let us recall how much God loves us and awaits for our response to His love.
- The humility and the longsuffering shown by our Saviour Jesus Christ on the Cross makes the Holy Cross an invincible weapon and a dreadful sign for demons because they cannot humble themselves.
- To assume one’s Cross is the path to salvation in Christ.
- The power of the Cross is manifested in the glory of the Resurrection.
- By accepting to be crucified from love for men and by taking upon Himself the sins of the world, our Saviour Jesus Christ transformed the Cross from a shameful instrument of torture into a symbol of life-giving love.
- The Cross is a sign of salvation and eternal life.
- The Holy Cross is the sign of victory and the principle on which the profession of faith is based.
- The signs of the Cross remain eternally in the glorified body of our Saviour Jesus Christ, Who rose from the dead and ascended to Heaven.
- The Cross is a light and a blessing unto salvation.
The visit of His Beatitude our Father and Patriarch of Jerusalem Theophilos at the Ecumenical Patriarchate and later on to Cappadocia began on Friday, 16th June 2017. According to www.jp-newsgate.net, His Beatitude was invited by…
The purpose of human earthly life is the preparation for heavenly life, Patriarch Daniel said Sunday in his homily delivered during the Divine Liturgy celebrated at the Romanian Saints Hall of the Patriarchal Residence. His…
Metropolitan Joseph Naniescu and the Venerable lay-ascetic George Lazăr are the proposals for glorification launched Thursday by the Metropolitan Synod of Moldova and Bucovina that will be analysed by the Holy Synod of the Romanian…
The Patriarch Justinian Faculty of Orthodox Theology in Bucharest organized Thursday a seminar entitled Reception of the decisions of the Holy and Great Council of the Orthodox Church. Professors of Theology presented reports in which…
His Beatitude Patriarch Daniel received Wednesday the resigning Ambassador of Georgia in Bucharest, Mr. Ilia Giorgadze, at his Patriarchal Residence. At the end of the meeting held on June 14, Patriarch Daniel awarded Ambassador Giorgadze…