- The Cross of our Saviour Jesus Christ represents God’s love revealed to humans in a world full of hatred and violence.
- The Holy Cross is the sign of love that conquers sin and death.
- Christ’s Cross becomes a principle of new life for every Christian; a principle of profound spiritual renewal so as to acquire Christ’s sacred love.
- Everywhere we observe the Holy Cross let us recall how much God loves us and awaits for our response to His love.
- The humility and the longsuffering shown by our Saviour Jesus Christ on the Cross makes the Holy Cross an invincible weapon and a dreadful sign for demons because they cannot humble themselves.
- To assume one’s Cross is the path to salvation in Christ.
- The power of the Cross is manifested in the glory of the Resurrection.
- By accepting to be crucified from love for men and by taking upon Himself the sins of the world, our Saviour Jesus Christ transformed the Cross from a shameful instrument of torture into a symbol of life-giving love.
- The Cross is a sign of salvation and eternal life.
- The Holy Cross is the sign of victory and the principle on which the profession of faith is based.
- The signs of the Cross remain eternally in the glorified body of our Saviour Jesus Christ, Who rose from the dead and ascended to Heaven.
- The Cross is a light and a blessing unto salvation.
His Beatitude Patriarch Daniel welcomed Wednesday, 17 January 2018, Her Excellency the French Ambassador to Romania Mrs. Michèle Ramis at his patriarchal residence in Bucharest. The Romanian Patriarch wished Ambassador Michèle Ramis a successful diplomatic…
Romania’s National Poet Mihai Eminescu was prayerfully commemorated during the Divine Liturgy celebrated on Monday at the Bellu Cemetery Chapel in Bucharest on his 168th birth anniversary. Mihai Eminescu, born on January 15, 1850 in…
The consecration of the temporary chapel of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker took place on Wednesday in Reykjavik at the construction site of the future site of the first Orthodox church in Iceland, the Russian embassy…
Minister of Culture and Mass Communications Vladan Bukosavlevic says he is certain that Serbia will celebrate the day of Sts. Cyril and Methodius this year as an official state holiday, thereby, he emphasized, “filling the…
Foto credit: Robert Nicolae / Basilica.ro